The Greek Novel Revisited

Snack shack, Tinos, Greece (photo by Shawn Krahmer Heal)
It's been a super-busy spring.  I've been struggling to balance teaching and a flurry of events promoting my most recently published YA novel, Love, Lucy.  In the middle of it all, we put our home on the market, so this spring has been a blur of renovation, cleaning, and dog wrangling to get the house ready for potential buyers.  

That's why you haven't seen me here for a long time.  But now that the spring semester is more or less over, I'll be back, sharing my thoughts about writing, travel, music, etcetera. And now (at last!) I hope to get back to some serious, sustained writing.  I've got several projects in the works, all too new and fragile to discuss in public just yet.   

And then there's my Greek novel--a reimagining of Jane Austen's Persuasion, set on a high school study tour of Athens, Santorini, and Crete.

Mule on Syros, Greece (photo by Shawn Krahmer Heal)

Last week, amidst the grading and end-of-year meetings, I found time to dip back into the manuscript, reading it over to make sure it's ready to go back to my agent. After a lot of proofreading and a little tinkering, I sent it back out into the world last night, fingers crossed for its safe passage into (I hope) eventual publication.


Bon voyage!  (photo by Shawn Krahmer Heal)
So please think some good thoughts for my newest heroine, Anne, as she sets off on her journey.


Sunset, Syros (photo by Shawn Krahmer Heal)

Comments

Popular Posts